International Environmental and Marine Services Company (IEMS) provides a comprehensive range of oil spill Prevention, Preparedness and Response services to government and industry, in line with national legislation and international conventions.
We strive to maintain a good quality services and an accident free workplace. We take a leadership position in the protection of the Environment, the Health, Safety and Security of our employees. We adopt similar standards for our contractors, suppliers, the user of our products and the communities in which we operate. We have a constant quest for the continual improvement.
The Management Team of IEMS is committed to a high standard performance through the application of an Integrated Management System that complies with the international standards; ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 and IEMS Security Vision.
We have developed this integrated quality, health, safety, security and environmental policy to preserve the vision of the company and to be our approach to achieve our objectives and our strategy. We aim to:
- Satisfy Our Clients’ Needs while working to fulfill their anticipations and desires to reach their complete satisfaction for the services that our company provides.
- Reduce Pollution and guarantee the environment protection through the consensus with the entire existing environment related laws and legislations.
- Maintain an Emergency Plan for IEMS office(s) and all sites related to the company to identify and manage potential emergency situations & accidents that can have an impact on the environment or risk the safety and security of employees, contractors or visitors.
- Carry out Risk Assessments by evaluating the risks arising from hazards, taking into account the adequacy of any existing controls, and deciding whether or the risks are acceptable and recognizing that a hazard exists and defining its characteristics.
- Maintain Continual Improvement through regular skill development and training for employees at all levels to raise the competency level.
- Disseminate the Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment Procedures, and make sure these are well delivered and received by company employees and all related parties.
- Activate and Follow Up the corrective and preventive actions.
- Review the Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment Policy bi-annually at the management review meeting.
- Monitor and Review the Performance and Effectiveness of our integrated system, improvement plans and objectives and assess compliance through internal audits and periodic management meetings.
We shall provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy whilst encouraging involvement and adopting best practice in a culture where employees and managers are aware of their individual health, safety, security and environmental responsibilities and are actively engaged and committed to improving standards and meeting our goal of zero harm.